Your Reno Chiropractors At Integrated Spinal Solutions
The Process Done By Your Reno Chiropractors
Our Chiropractors in the Reno area can use several different techniques to relieve your back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, migraine headaches, sciatica, and/or any other related tension/pain – by applying pressure, massage, and spinal manipulation of the vertebrae and joints. We have in-house X-ray capabilities, but may order an MRI if necessary, and we even offer Reno chiropractic services for children! The Reno Chiropractor philosophy at both Integrated Spinal Solutions locations, does not include prescribing our patients any medications. Instead, our Northern Nevada Chiropractors recommend such things as therapeutic and rehabilitative exercises, and nutritional and lifestyle counseling to help your body heal itself!
Our Reno/Sparks Chiropractors at Integrated Spinal Solutions believe that one of the primary causes of back or neck pain develops when your vertebrae become misaligned. Treating this can help to alleviate pain associated with a myriad of conditions, including, headaches, sciatica, traumas like whiplash, scoliosis, leg pain, sports injuries, bursitis, tendonitis, fibromyalgia, and spinal arthritis.
Testing by Your Reno Chiropractors
When you visit Integrated Spinal Solutions for the first time, you will be asked to perform a series of simple tests so that we can evaluate your posture and range of motion. Our Chiropractor Reno will ask you to bend forward, backward, or side-to-side. We will check the way you walk and how your posture looks sitting down and standing up. Other tests may include:
- Piriformis Test: The patient flexes and bends the knee while lying down.
- Straight Leg Raise: One leg at a time is raised in a locked-knee position to check the sciatic nerve and flexibility of the hamstring muscle.
- Measuring the length of each leg helps determine if there is a discrepancy in leg length or if the pelvis is out of balance.
- Hand strength (grip).
- Evaluation of reflexes and muscle testing.
* Sometimes you might hear a pop while our chiropractor Reno is testing or adjusting you, which is perfectly normal! This is caused by small pockets of air or bubbles in the fluid that surrounds your joints. When joint tissues are stretched, those pockets of air “pop,” creating that cracking sound you hear.
A Chiropractor identifies the problem, we can recommend treatment options, and explain how many chiropractic visits are necessary to reach an expected outcome for the resolution of your pain. Our Chiropractors may also recommend certain types of exercises in conjunction with your chiropractic treatment, to stretch and/or strengthen your back and neck.